Business litigation encompasses a variety of claims from contract disputes to LLC membership breakups, fraud, civil theft, and everything in between. DeSouza Law attorneys provide invaluable guidance when the future of your business is on the line.
We take a proactive approach to business litigation. By assessing problems early and providing strategic counsel, the attorneys at DeSouza Law help you decide whether it’s in your best interest to take on a legal battle or explore alternative methods to mitigate the impact of litigation – whether in South Florida where we are located or anywhere else around the country. We are creative solution finders focused on clear, responsive communication, and we are committed to protecting your assets and your business. As skilled negotiators and formidable courtroom advocates, we provide valuable guidance to clients large and small, helping you navigate options for conflict resolution.
As with any business, our goal is to be both effective and efficient, which is good news for your case – and your bottom line.
Typical Areas of Practice
Business litigation, sometimes called commercial litigation, encompasses many different torts and contract claims. From an overall perspective, many of these claims can arise in non-business settings, yet each has a unique application in the context of business litigation matters. If an employee misappropriates your confidential data or a business partner fails to live up to his/her end of the bargain, you need an experienced business litigator who is attuned to both the needs of your business and the workings of a courtroom. Our attorneys have litigated a multitude of business litigation matters and are seasoned in research, motion/brief writing, and in-court argument. The below are just some of the claims we have litigated in the context of business litigation.
- Contract Disputes
- Fraud / Negligent Misrepresentation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Membership Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Tortious Interference
- Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices
- Civil Conspiracy
- Civil Theft
- Securities Law Violations
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Mediation and Arbitration)
Notable Business Litigation Representation
- Aussins Overseas PTE Ltd v. Novek LLC et al. (Circuit Court, Miami-Dade) – obtained summary judgment against party who failed to deliver certain products pursuant to written contract
- Nutrascience Labs, Inc. v. Rik Deitsch d/b/a MGRD (Circuit Court, Broward) – obtained summary judgment on breach of contract claim against plaintiff that asserted individual owner of company was personally responsible for $164,000.00 business debt
- Preferred Bank v. Odyssey Leasing, LLC (Southern District of Florida) – obtained $11,518,925 judgment against owners of aviation leasing company that failed to pay its loan obligations and likewise obtained break order authorizing law enforcement to forcibly remove aircraft engines from the defendants’ warehouse facility
- Harmony Recovery Group, LLC v. Allerand Recovery Holdingco, LLC (Circuit Court, Palm Beach) – obtained summary judgment for breach of settlement agreement against party who refused to pay amounts due thereunder
- NITV Federal Services, LLC v. Dektor Corporation (Southern District of Florida) – obtained final judgment for false advertising, unfair competition, and product disparagement under the Lanham Act where competitor made false/disparaging statements about client’s products/services.
- Byron Huang et al. v. America Chinese Restaurant Alliance, Inc. et al. (Southern District of Texas) – obtained favorable jury verdict in favor of clients on fraud, conspiracy, and related claims arising from failed business venture between the parties